Working from home sucks. Unless you are single and have a cat, any other situation is stressful. Whether you have kids (no school), dogs (lets play ALL DAY OK???) or 250 head of cattle (MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)
, they all suck.
So, it is in the spirit of you locking yourself in your bedroom/office/car/underneath the basement stairs underneath some old Amazon boxes and two bags of potatoes and some headphones that we provide you with this list of great songs/records we are listening to now, to escape the news and the work and the family for five freaking minutes of peace and quiet. Hope this brings you a smile. finds you some new tunage you dig, and makes you forget we are all quarantined and probably going to die a terrible horrible screaming death. Well then. Maybe not the last part.
1. Ice Nine Kills "Rocking the Boat" - this is from the record called "the Silver Scream". All about horror movies, old and new. Best part is figuring out what movie they are calling out in the title/lyrics, and DON'T CHEAT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuH7w_j7dEw
2. Morrissey "Jim Jim Falls" - this new song released yesterday I cannot get enough of. What does a waterfall in Australia have to do with the great Moz? No idea. Maybe one of youse psychic friends of mine can hone in on his brainwaves and figure out the connection. And if you are my psychic friend, seriously, Imma need those upcoming Powerball numbers. Seriously, though. Please. God I love this song through and through. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKdjMdNf6Xg
3. Beartooth "You Never Know" - this song has a great great chorus, and slams too. A lot of this reminds me of what we are trying to do. For real! Not so sure about the video though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlxPoAOP6YU
4. Starset "Manifest" - I think it is funny that they are outfitted by Demobaza.com for this new record. I totally wanted to use that type of look for a concept for our stage show. Alas, twas not meant to be. Seriously look at them prices. YIKES. DAMN. they must be making some bucks! Good for them, even if they did psychically steal my concept for stagewear. HOLD UP - MAYBE THEY ARE PSYCHIC AND I SHOULD BE ASKING THEM FOR THE POWERBALL NUMBERS! Starset - hook me up. Love your band. This is a great album and song, seriously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-sjOGAQQzA
5. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - "San Francisco". - Punk supergroup (nofx, diconnected, bad religion on tour, etc) that does only covers, but highspeed 1.5 minute outbursts of everything from songs in Japanese (MFATGG are turning Japanese) to show tunes (MFATGG Are A Drag). It is also fun to see what Bad Religion song they play at the beginning and the end. Hint - Its a Bad Religion Song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4Pz3Vhv-A
6. The Maine "Transatlanticism" - from the album "songs that saved my life" which are really cool interpretations of songs that bands doing them were inspired by. This is a fairly faithful rendition of the Death Cab for Cutie song from the album of the same name. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmZLsC2CEsc
Anyway, I hope this turns you onto some cool new music, and takes you away from the mania for a few minutes. Stay safe and be well! - stv, harvest falls.